Nuvoco at a Glance
Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd, is the fifth-largest player in India and the largest cement company in East India, in terms of capacity, with a consolidated capacity of 22.32 MMTPA.
Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd, a Nirma Group company, started operations in India in 1999 via acquisitions. Nirma Group forayed into the cement business in 2014 through a greenfield cement plant in Nimbol. Thereafter, we have grown the cement business, through acquisition of the Indian cement business of LafargeHolcim in 2016 and NU Vista (formerly Emami Cement Limited) in 2020. Today, we have grown from being solely cement based to a building materials company with a vision to ‘Build a Safer, Smarter and Sustainable World’.
We have 11 Cement Plants in the states of West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand in East India and Rajasthan and Haryana in North India comprising five integrated units, five grinding units and one blending unit. Our Integrated plants are equipped with waste heat recovery systems with a total capacity of 44.7 MW, solar power plants with a total capacity of 1.5 MW and captive power plants with a generation capacity of 105 MW, which generates 47.74% (on a proforma basis) of our total power requirements.
Our Construction Development and Innovation Centre (CDIC) based in Mumbai is accredited by NABL (ISO/IEC17025 : 2017 Standards) and serves as the incubation centre for innovative products across the Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete and Modern Building Materials businesses. It operates in a well-equipped facility spread across 17,500 square feet area for developing and prototyping innovative products.
Our business portfolio includes
Our cement portfolio includes Ordinary Portland Cement, Portland Slag Cement, Portland Pozzolana Cement and Portland Composite Cement under leading brands like Concreto, Duraguard, PSC, Nirmax, Double Bull, Infracem and Procem.
- Ready-Mix Concrete (RMX)
Our RMX business enjoys a pan-Indian presence with nearly 50 Plants offering specialised products under the brands Concreto, Artiste, InstaMix and X-Con that are also the proud contributors to the landmark projects like Lodha World One, Amritsar Entry Gate, and the Metros.
- Modern Building Materials (MBM)
Our MBM range of products is a key differentiator for us. It encompasses construction chemicals, tile adhesives, wall putty, dry plaster, cover blocks and ready-mix dry mixture that are marketed and sold under the brands ‘Zero M’ and ‘Instamix’.
- Acquisition of NU Vista Limited (formerly Emami Cement Ltd.) as a wholly-owned subsidiary
- Amalgamation with Nimbol Cement Plant, Rajasthan of Nirma Ltd.
- Commissioning of first Captive Power Plant and Waste Heat Recovery in Chittorgarh Cement Plant
- Amalgamation of Nirchem Cement Limited with Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd.
- Name changed to ‘Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Limited’.
- Acquisition of all Equity shares held by Lafarge to Nirchem Cement Limited (erstwhile wholly-owned subsidiary of Nirma Ltd.).
- Commissioning of operations at Bhiwani Cement Plant, Haryana.
- Nirma Group entered cement business through a greenfield cement plant in Nimbol.
- Commissioning of operations at Chittorgarh Cement Plant, Rajasthan.
- Inauguration of Construction Development and Innovation Centre (CDIC) in Mumbai.
- Commissioning of a new clinker line at the Sonadih Cement Plant.
- Commissioning of the Mejia grinding unit in West Bengal.
- Acquisition of ready-mix concrete business of Larsen & Toubro Limited.
- Acquisition of the cement business of Raymond Ltd, Chhattisgarh including the Arasmeta Cement Plant.
- Commencement of operations in India with acquisition of cement business of Tata Iron & Steel Company Ltd. in Jharkhand including Jojobera and Sonadih Cement Plants.