Good Practice: Achieving Zero Speed Violation
How to maintain a seamless supply chain network with zero harm to company in the Mysore market?
How to implement operational good practises while keeping the workers motivated?
The key aspects to be considered for a solution are:
- Mysore market is spread over a large area and if concrete is supplied at Taluka places the distance is 40-50 kms.
- Transport conditions of the Indian roads are very poor and deplorable.
- The rate of road-accidents and fatality in the country is very high.
- Pressure on roads has been on increase and the number of vehicles is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Keep the zero harm policy intact.
The solutions derived for above pain points while ensuring safety at all times:
There are some regular clients like Suroj Buildcon/Tejas superstructure which are situated 40kms away from plant. While covering these distances, maintaining Zero speed violation limit was a very tough task. But despite all these hardships for a period of six months, all six Transit Mixer (TM) drivers achieved this milestone. To top it all two drivers are driving without a single violation from last 12 months. To achieve such an impeccable record Mysore plant team had to do a lot of interaction and bonding with the drivers to make them feel at home.
First of all, all the drivers are associated with the plant for more than 5-6 years. To motivate the drivers, the team keeps on organising various activities like
- taking them to movies,
- playing cricket with them during holidays,
- get together of drivers with their families during festivals,
- daily interactions, etc.
All these activities put together has been able to give such a result. Drivers themselves take safety responsibility at site and correct the situation themselves with the help of site people.
This is keeping in line with Nuvoco’s values towards shaping a safer, healthier and sustainable future. To know more about our values click here: