How to ensure overall safety at work when operating conveyor chutes?
The key aspects to be considered for a solution are:
- In RMX plants, the conveyor rotating chute motor frequently breaks down.
- Causes of breakdown identified as spillage of sand and dust on it.
- Manual rotation inside the chute bin brings exposure to fatal slip and fall hazards.
- Accidents could also be fatal in nature depending on circumstances.
- Overall maintenance costs were shooting up in absence of a solution
The solutions derived for above pain points while ensuring safety at all times:
RMX Haripar plant (Rajkot) was facing a problem where the conveyor rotating chute motor was subjected to frequent break-downs. Manual alternatives carried out inside the compartment bin gratings for rotating the chute proved hazardous and expensive thereby affecting productivity and efficiency of the plant.
Nuvoco is the name that one associates with best practices and hence it was necessary that we overcome this pain point in the most effective way possible. For this we decided to extend the gear shaft for easy movement within the conveyor chute to eliminate the fatalities associated with the manual alternatives.
A change though minor in its volume resulted in better working conditions and hence reflected directly in the productivity.
This is keeping in line with Nuvoco’s values towards shaping a safer, healthier and sustainable future. To know more about our values click here: