Nuvoco Wins Big at 17th Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week Celebrations 2017-18
Hard work done with a sincere approach to serve the purpose of a greater good never goes unrewarded. Our Chittapur Limestone Mines won First Prize in OVERALL PERFORMANCE at the 17th Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week Celebrations 2017-18, held for the Bangalore Region, Karnataka. We featured among the 5 mines of Group II category of the region.
A team of officials appointed by the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM), Bangalore had inspected our mines along with other 5 mines of Group II category from 30th January to 2nd February, 2018.
This award has been given by Mr. Ranjan Sahai, Controller General, IBM, Nagpur & Mr. J. R. Choudhary, Controller of Mines ( South Zone), IBM, Bangalore at an award ceremony held on 3rd March, 2018 in Bangalore. Apart from the 1st prize in overall performance, our mines have also won 6 prizes in the following categories.
- Overall Performance – First Prize
- Afforestation – First Prize.
- Sustainable Development – Second Prize.
- Reclamation & Rehabilitation – Second Prize
- Environmental Monitoring – Second Prize
- Systematic & Scientific Development – Third Prize.
- Waste Dump Management – Third Prize.