We at Nuvoco are committed towards sustainable development, pursuing a strategy that combines industrial know-how with performance, value creation, respect for community and local cultures, environmental protection and the conservation of natural resources and energy.
“Wherever present we operate with the utmost respect for the common interest of present and future generations…we act as responsible members of our communities by contributing to the development of people, their health, rights and well-being by generating economic growth and supporting social, educational and cultural advancement” – Nuvoco’s Principles of Action
“We are looking to create value for all of our stakeholders – shareholders, customers, employees and local communities in the vicinity of our production plants. These ambitions define our commitments for the future and our contribution to a sustainable society.” – Nuvoco Sustainability Ambitions 2020
Categorization: The understanding of the community is a key element and for any new project we start the process with identification of the key community members & stakeholders. This entire process helps in establishing the rapport with the community and simultaneously helps in categorization of the community.
Planning & Implementation: Participatory Community Need Assessment through external agency is conducted to negate any chances of biases at the community level. Need assessment study forms the basis of the formulation of annual plans and the plan is prepared in consultation with key village opinion leaders, Panchayat representatives. The plan is implemented in partnership with external agencies like Government agencies, development agencies, CBOs etc. and internally through employee volunteering.
Monitoring & Evaluation: We also ensure to assess the quality of implementation both through internal and external review forums through village stakeholders, panchayat leaders etc. We also conduct annual assessment by external agencies to assess satisfaction of the community.
Nuvoco in India drives its commitment for holistic and sustainable development of the community through the following five thematic corporate social responsibility pillars:
- Surakshit Bharat – Nuvoco’s Safety Initiative
- Swastha Bharat – Nuvoco’s Health Initiative
- Sakshar Bharat – Nuvoco’s Education Initiative
- Saksham Bharat – Nuvoco’s Employability Initiative
- Nirman Bharat – Nuvoco’s Infrastructure Initiative
We believe that candid communication with each of our business partner/stakeholder is important in our endeavor of achieving sustainable development.
Surakshit Bharat – Nuvoco’s Safety Initiative
Surakshit Bharat programs focuses on creating awareness on road safety and stimulating behavioral change of rural population towards road safety
- Safety awareness campaigns in the catchment area through interventions like safety road shows; street plays, wall paintings, hoardings on the highways etc.
- Grameen safety ambassadors program to enhance peer education towards promotion of road safety awareness in the rural areas
Swasth Bharat – Nuvoco’s Health Initiative
Swasth Bharat programs facilitates communities to gain access and control over primary healthcare, through
- Health outreach sessions in catchment villages
- School health awareness campaign
- Health infrastructure development
- Eye care program for school children & community
- Blood Donation camps on annual basis
Sakshar Bharat– Nuvoco’s Education Initiative
Sakshar Bharat implementing programs to facilitate rural children especially girls’ access to various education initiatives, through
- Partnering with Government education department to develop government schools as model schools
- Engagement of employees to volunteer for enhancing the learning skills of children, through regular interactions
- Computer literacy program in Government schools by establishing exclusive computer centers
- Improving access to ICDS (Anganwadi) centers by ensuring enabling environment for children
- Promoting Sports & Cultural Activities amongst the children & youth
- Bringing social change through awareness to promote dowry less marriage, widow remarriage, no child marriage, no female foeticide, enhance basic moral values in the catchment villages
Saksham Bharat– Nuvoco’s Employability Initiative
Saksham Bharat program focuses on diversifying the sources of livelihood for the rural community, through
- Providing employability potential skill enhancement training to rural youths
- Empowering women through strengthening self-help groups and promotion of livelihood opportunities in various market demanded trades
- Livestock development & agri-development program for farmers in the catchment villages
Nirman Bharat – Nuvoco’s Infrastructure Initiative
Nirman Bharat program focuses for providing solutions to the local communities for their community infrastructure issues, through
- Ensuring basic infrastructural facilities in the villages
- Ensuring better sanitation facilities in the catchment villages
- Provision of better facilities for safe drinking water
- Development of green belt in the catchment villages for environmental sustainability
Organization mechanism and responsibilities
The annual plans of each location is consolidated and reviewed by the board of the organization. After the board approval the plans are implemented in the responsible hands of local CSR team and plant managers.
We partner with government agencies, local NGOs, Panchayats, like minded opinion leaders for implementation of our CSR programs. We believe in leveraging the resources useful for the implementation of the plan, without creating any parallel facility or any duplication.
The company’s initiatives are communicated to the larger mass through our website, local media, annual reports, internal journals etc.
The company & the employees do understand the need of community development through efficient CSR commitments. Our CSR policy do conforms the CSR guidelines as devised by the Ministry of corporate affairs, Government of India.