How to eliminate material wastage with simple best practice measures?
The key aspects to be considered for a solution are:
– Need for a simple application to control material wastage
– Curb wastage to boost the overall production of the plant substantially
– Eliminate potential dust and choking hazards along with environmental issues
– A proper solution at an elementary level which will have a lasting impact
The solutions derived for above pain points while ensuring optimal material usage:
In a Readymix plant when the silo gets filled through bulker it has a propensity to overflow. This has a domino effect that results in
– Dust choked filter pipelines
– Material wastage of one to two per cent of total loaded materials
– Reduced overall production volume of the respective plant
This dusting additionally leads to environmental concerns and challenges from neighbours w.r.t. choking hazards.
To handle this issue, RMX Tuticorin plant has devised a simple yet effective solution – a cut off system in silo. By installing this silo filling cut off system, the optimum material input is used without wastage in an odd scenario of overflow thereby removing all the concerns faced by the plant at its preliminary level. Problems always have simple solutions. The trick lies in knowing the process inside out.
Know more about the best practices by our cement plants here